To make the City of Marshall the ideal place to live, work and play by delivering the most efficient, professional, and responsive services the residents, business owners and visitors expect.
The Public Works Department is comprised of five (5) different divisions together supporting the assets and infrastructure of the city. These five divisions are as follows:
- Administration - Provides direction and support to all other divisions within Public Works which includes, but is not limited to, personnel, budget management, policy/procedure development and implementation as well as oversight on all departmental functions. The director is the head of the department.
- Building Services/Facilities Maintenance/Information Technology (IT) Management - This division provides support/services to all city buildings and facilities through both in-house troubleshooting/repairs as well as managing the city's service contractors. The superintendent of this division is also responsible for the oversight of the custodial staff as well as IT infrastructure.
- Streets/Drainage/Park/Right-of-Way (ROW) Community Appearance - This division is responsible for the management and upkeep of all city streets, street signs and signals, drainage systems (ditches, inlet boxes, etc.), parks maintenance and ROW vegetation management. The city currently maintains near 200 miles of streets and nearly 125 acres of parks which includes ball fields, pavilions, and playgrounds.
- Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection - This division sole responsibility is the maintenance, repair and upkeep of all water distribution piping and appurtenances (hydrants, valves, etc.) and all wastewater collection piping and manholes.
- Wastewater Treatment - This division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the city's wastewater treatment plant and lift stations. They are tasked with daily operations of all treatment and pumping equipment and are tasked with following both state and federal rules and regulations as it pertains to the proper treatment of wastewater.
- Water Treatment/Supply - This division is responsible for the operation of the city's potable water supply and treatment which includes following all state and federal rules and regulations as well as Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ) operating permit requirements.