Garbage Collection Schedule
The City of Marshall contracts with Republic Services for all garbage collection. Charges for this service are reflected each month under the ’Sanitation’ portion of each customer’s water bill. Effective January 1, 2020, residential accounts will be billed $14.78 per month (plus $1.21 tax) for this service.
Garbage is collected once per week, and Republic Services provides each customer with a 95-gallon rolling cart to place garbage in for pick up. Garbage must be bagged before placing in the cart, and only garbage placed in the blue Republic Services cart (black lid) or a green City of Marshall cart will be picked up. Garbage carts must be placed out for collection no later than 7 am on your assigned collection day.
Additional garbage carts may be ordered by calling Republic Services at 903-986-5324; however, there is a $3 monthly fee assessed by Republic Services for each additional garbage cart. This fee will be added to the customer’s monthly water bill. Commercial accounts are billed based on the amount of service required. To report any service-related problems, please call Republic Services.
Residential Garbage Collection Schedule
- Monday: All addresses located east of Highway 59; includes the even-numbered address on Highway 59
- Tuesday: Addresses located north of Pinecrest Drive (Highway 43); west of Highway 59; south of Highway 80 includes odd-numbered addresses located on Highway 59 and Pinecrest Drive (Highway 43) includes even-numbered addresses located on W Highway 80
- Wednesday: Recycle pick-up for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday routes only
- Thursday: Addresses located north of Highway 80 and west of Highway 59; includes odd-numbered addresses on west Highway 80 (City-wide bulk pick-up on Thursdays, by request only; notice is required by 5 pm on Tuesday. Call Republic Services at 903-986-5324 to schedule a bulk pick-up)
- Friday: Garbage and Recycle pick-up Addresses located south of Pinecrest Drive (Highway 43) and west of Highway 59; includes odd-numbered addresses on Highway 59 and even-numbered addresses on Pinecrest Drive (Highway 43)
City Collection Rates (All Rates Are Plus Tax)
The following rates shall be charged for each monthly period to all customers of the garbage collection system in the City of Marshall, beginning January 1, 2020.
Residential Rate Schedule
Once per week rolling cart collection at a rate of $14.78; also includes a once per week recycling collection service and brush/bulk collection service. Extra carts available (limit of 4 per residential unit) at a cost of $3 per month.
Bulk Waste Service
Residents who have bulk-type items such as the following may contact Republic Services at 903-986-5324 to schedule a ’bulk pick up’:
- Bagged leaves
- Broken furniture
- Mattresses, etc.
This service is provided at no extra cost to residential customers. Bulk pick up service is provided on Thursday of every week, and the pick-up request must be called into Republic Services no later than 5 pm on Tuesday of the same week.
City of Marshall Convenience Station
Discover more about the Convenience Station.