Contact SWEPCO at (800) 218-3919 or complete SWEPCO's online outage form sharing the street name and block number or the pole number (obtained from the oval-shaped metal tag) located on the street side of the pole.
Request a New Streetlight
Call (903) 935-4407 or email John Clark and request a location be considered for a new streetlight.
Requirements for Streetlight Consideration
- All residential streetlights will be 100 Watts HPS, LED or as determined by SWEPCO.
- Lights will be placed at all street intersections except at major thoroughfares where median lighting already exists.
- Lights will be specified 300 feet apart along the street preferably in a staggering pattern.
- Lights will be placed no closer than 200 feet except for intersections, in cul-de-sacs, and where curves, grades, etc., require additional lighting.
- All cul-de-sacs longer than 200 feet from the centerline of street to center point of the cul-de-sac shall have a light at the street intersection and at the end of the cul-de-sac.
- All severe street corners, severe turns, etc. will be reviewed for appropriate light level.
- Lights shall be placed so as to gain the maximum use of existing and proposed physical street layout or characteristics.
- All intersections of residential or collector streets and major thoroughfares shall be lighted with 250 Watts HPS lights minimum.
Developers are responsible for the installation of streetlights in new or expanded developments.
The request for a new streetlight will be reviewed to determine if the additional light or increased level is justified. Otherwise, the requestor must participate in the cost of having the streetlight(s) installed or the wattage size increased.