Support Your Library
When in doubt, go to the library.
The Marshall Public Library receives support from the Friends of a Public Library as well as from memorial and honorarium donations. Patrons are encouraged to support and advocate for the library by sharing with government leaders why the library's programs, resources, and services are valuable assets to the community.
Friends of a Public Library
Individuals interested in joining Friends may complete the membership form available at the Marshall Public Library. Contributions help the Friends of a Public Library in their efforts to directly support the programs and services of the library.
Members are encouraged to become active in the organization by joining committees and assisting with book sales. Two annual membership meetings, combined with a potluck dinner, are held in May and December. Visit the Friends' Facebook page for updates.
2022 Book Sales
February 11-19 (Sneak Peek for Friends' members: February 10 from 4:00-7:00)
May 6-14 (Sneak Peek for Friends' members: May 5 from 4:00-7:00)
August 12-20 (Sneak Peek for Friends' members: August 11 from 4:00-7:00)
October 7-15 (Sneak Peek for Friends' members: October 6 from 4:00-7:00)
Sneak Peeks are exclusively for Friends members, but memberships are available at the door. The book sale starts at 9:30 am and ends 30 minutes before the library closes.
Memorials and Honorariums
Gifts in the form of monetary donations in the memory or in honor of a loved one are accepted by using the provided form (PDF). The library welcomes suggestions for memorial and honorarium purchases but reserves the right to the final decision regarding all materials based on the established selection criteria. Acknowledgements are sent to the recipient or the recipient’s family for every donation.
Patrons of Marshall Public Library are encouraged to share the importance and value of library programs, resources, and services and advocate for continued library funding by contacting their local, state, and federal representatives.
- Current representatives and members of the Texas Senate, Texas House of Representatives, the Texas delegation to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, and the State Board of Education.
- Texas Legislature Online offers information on bills including bill tracking, amendments, and statues. Use "library" to track library-specific issues and legislation.
- The Texas Library Association (TLA) shares issues and legislation related to libraries that the organization is tracking and working on during the current legislative session.
- Track current Congress legislative activity. Use the search term "library" or "public library" to track library-specific issues.
- Funding of the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) works to advance, support, and empower America’s museums, libraries, and related organizations. IMLS receives federal funding through the annual appropriations process which is then funneled, in part, to Texas libraries through the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.