Entry Level City of Marshall Police Officer - Employment Information
Police Officers and Fire Fighters employed by the City of Marshall are governed by Civil Service status as provided by the Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 143, and Local Civil Service Rules and Regulations established May 24, 1999, as amended.
Required Forms / Documents
All required documents must be received by the City of Marshall’s Human Resources Division by 5 pm on the deadline. Requirements include:
- Complete an official City of Marshall Employment Application.
- Provide a copy of your high school diploma or GED.
- Provide a copy of your certified birth certificate.
- Provide a copy of your Military Separation Report DD-214. (Must include discharge status)
- Applicants with 180 days active duty and an honorable discharge will receive an additional 5 points to a passing test score
- Provide a copy of your Driver’s License.
- Provide a copy of your Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) license (or exam score) or proof of current enrollment in a recognized Police Academy.
Failure to provide a completed application and/or required documents may result in disqualification from the hiring process.
Upon successful completion of a 12 to an 18-month probationary period, the employee will be governed by the provisions of the Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 143, and Local Civil Service Rules and Regulations.
There is no minimum or maximum height or weight limit. However, your weight must be appropriate for your height and build.
Employees are required to maintain a residence that will provide a 30 minute response time to the Marshall Police/Fire Complex.
The Marshall Police Department hires only TCLEOSE Certified applicants or those who are currently enrolled in a recognized Police Academy. Applicants must meet all legal requirements necessary to become eligible for future licensing by the TCLEOSE.
Must be a citizen of the United States and be able to read and write English.