The Marshall City Commission approved a reimbursement grant program to support local businesses that have adapted their operations in response to COVID-19. The Small Business Grant Fund will provide a one-time reimbursement of up to $2,500 to companies who have purchased equipment, supplies, software, protective safety equipment and faced financial hardship to adapt their business to state and federal guidelines after March 1, 2020.
* In order to be considered by the first Marshall City Council meeting on the second Thursday of each month, your completed application must be on file by the 20th of the preceding month.
Qualifications have been adjusted to include:
- Businesses wishing to be reviewed by the City Council on the first meeting of each month must have a completed application in the city offices by the 20th of the preceding month.
- Businesses must have been open and operating since January 1, 2020. NEW QUALIFICATION: BUSINESSES WITH 1-2 EMPLOYEES MAY NOW APPLY. The maximum number of employees is being evaluated. The previous requirement stated the business must have three or more employees.
- Eligible local businesses include, but are not limited to, retail (storefront), food and beverage, NEW QUALIFICATION: mobile food (vendors), personal care (barbershop, nail salons, spas, etc., automobile maintenance, education/training, health/wellness, art galleries, gyms, and small manufacturing businesses inside the city limits of Marshall, Texas.
- Businesses must be sales-tax producing.
- The grant application must include paid receipts with an explanation of the purpose of the purchase.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant provided funding for this program to the City of Marshall. Applications will be reviewed by city staff for completion and eligibility. Based on the review, the city staff will make recommendations for approval by the City Commission.
The new application is available at the Community and Economic Development Office, 401 S. Alamo Blvd., during business hours. Applications are also available online at www.marshalltexas.net on the Planning and Development Department homepage.
For more information, please contact Community Development at 903-935-4456.