The City of Marshall has an exclusive franchise with Republic Services for refuse pickup. The charge is billed on the monthly water and sewer bill. Residential accounts are billed $10.61 + .88 cents tax totaling $11.49 per month (effective Jan 1st, 2016) for twice a week pickup. Residents may set out limbs for pick up with regular refuse, but only if they are bundled and no more than 3 ft in length and 50 lbs in weight. Please contact Republic Industries at 1-800-678-7274 to schedule bulk pick up service once a month. Commercial accounts are billed based on the amount of service required.
*95 gallon rolling refuse and/or recycling carts may be leased from the City of Marshall for $2.00/each.
Please call Republic Services at 1-800-678-727 4 to report a service problem or you have service related questions.
Rates for City Collection (all rates are plus tax):
The following rates shall be charged for each monthly period to all customers of the garbage collection of the system of Marshall beginning January 1. 2016:
1. Residential rate $10.61 for twice a week pick up; maximum 8 bags per pickup.
2. Commercial bag rates are as follows:
• Commercial bags curbside twice a week service at $20.85/Monthly - Maximum 8 bags per pickup
• Commercial bags curbside for five times a week service in the Downtown Business District at $20.85/Monthly - Maximum 8 bags per pickup; downtown business district defined as the area:
South of Highway 80 (Grand Avenue)
North of Travis Street
West of Alamo Boulevard
East of Grove Street
3. Commercial bins: Monthly Rate
*For special collection provided, charges are to be negotiated between the contractor and producer prior to collection. If an agreement cannot be reached, the matter may be submitted to the city for determination of a reasonable fee.
Commercial bins, schedule of rate for extra pickups:
4. Roll-off containers ($60.00 delivery and exchange cost):
*With respect to apartments and duplexes, where the owner provides reasonable space for and access to a bulk container, commercial-type service shall be provided by the city; otherwise, residential-type service shall be provided.