November 18, 2013 Grove Street Overlay Project
NEWS RELEASE – CITY OF MARSHALL, TEXAS
MARSHALL WATER UTILITIES DEPARTMENT
WATER TREATMENT DIVISION
NOVEMBER 18, 2013
Re: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – PUBLIC NOTICE
GROVE STREET OVERLAY PROJECT – TEMPORARY ROADWAY CLOSURE OF SOUTH GROVE FROM WEST HOUSTON TO WEST TRAVIS – NEXT WEEK ON NOVEMBER 25TH THRU NOVEMBER 27TH
As part of the overlay process of South Grove, from West Houston to West Travis, the roadway contractor will need to close that segment of South Grove while they level up the road subsurface, add a geotechnical fabric over the old concrete slab road base to reduce future crack reflections, and install a new layer of asphalt road surface.
Weather permitting - Hunter & Kay Contractors of Tyler, Texas is schedule to complete this segment of roadway improvement by Wednesday of next week as part of the 2013 Street Improvement Program.
Balances of new asphalt overlay improvements are scheduled to be completed to the following streets, in late November and early December:
• North Grove – between West Houston and Grand Avenue (West Highway 80)
• Bell Cut-Off – north of railroad bridge to Highway 43 & south end at FM-1998
• Fairfield – from Victory Drive (East Highway 80) to East Houston
• Hendrix – from Thomas Street to East Rusk Street
• Henry – from South Street to West University Avenue
• High – from South Street to West University Avenue
• North Indian Springs – from Victory Drive (east Highway 80) to Whaley St.
• James – from Rudd Street to Higgins Street
• Jeff Davis – intersection with Bell Cut Off
• Kingfish – from Scotts Quarter to Rockwell Street
• Lightning – from Ward Street to Madam Queen
• Louise Circle – from Highway 59 North to deadend
• Madam Queen –from Scotts Quarter to deadend
• Minden – from Higgins Street to deadend
• Morton – from Martin L. King Jr. to North Allen Street
• Rudd – from East Travis Street to James Street
We apologize for any inconvenience during the temporary roadway closure on South Grove Street next week and during the future overlays on the 14 other street segments and suggest that the traveling public consider alternate routes. The overlay projects on the other streets listed herein as part in the 2013 Street Improvement Program will only result in minor delays and closing of the immediate street segment during the actual overlay process.
J.C. Hughes, Public Works Director
Download the attachment here:DOWNLOAD