Planning & Development
The Planning and Development Department is responsible for coordinating the planning, land use, development, construction, and maintenance of the properties within the City of Marshall.
Department personnel are responsible for:
- Review, approval, and inspection of development projects, construction projects, and related activities
- Enforcement of health and property maintenance codes
- Processes applications for zoning changes, special use permits, plants, and variances
- Reviews plat applications
- Sets the agendas for multiple city boards and commissions, including Planning and Zoning Commission, Historical Landmark Preservation Board, Community Development Advisory Board, and Image Advisory Board
2017 Community Development Block Grant Program Information
The City of Marshall will accept housing rehabilitation applications on September 5, 2017 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Due to limited funds, only the first 10 applications will be accepted. Once applications are accepted, staff will review all required information to determine eligibility. Applications can be found on the City’s website at marshalltexas.net/planning; or be picked up from the Community Development office at City Hall located at 401 S. Alamo. Contact the Community Development office if you have any questions at (903)935-4456.
To access the application, click the link below:
2017 Community Development Block Grant Application